Research > Library
“Canadian Institute of Technology” Library
The library is located on the 2nd floor and offers access to a vast collection of books, as well as thousands of full-text electronic journal subscriptions.
The library primarily serves university members and secondarily the community. It supports all programs taught at the university by housing a variety of collections in different formats to cater to diverse needs.
Did you know? You can access a total of over 5000 hardcopy books, 346 science magazines, and a dozen other online books!
CIT Library features a curated catalog of over 100,000 technical books – including titles from McGrawHill Education, O’Reilly, Pearson etc.
Statistically speaking in our library, you can find over 57.098 books in engineering and over 27.546 books in the field of economy.
Library Loan Policy
- Library books are loaned for three weeks (except textbooks).
- Textbooks are loaned for one day only
- Library patrons are responsible for all materials checked out to them.
- The library warns patrons not to loan items you have borrowed to another person.
- If the item is lost or returned late, you will be responsible for all fines and replacement fees.
Note: All students are strongly advised to return borrowed items before the due date. To help you get borrowed items back on time, reminders are sent by email. Library loans can be renewed by coming to the library front desk.
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM- 9:00 PM
Saturday – 8:00 AM- 4:00 PM
Sunday – Closed
For any questions, you may reach us via the following email address: [email protected]
CIT Library has two agreements, with McGraw-Hill and O’Reilly.
McGraw-Hill Education is a leading digital learning company. McGraw-Hill Education (MHE) is a North American learning science company and one of the “big three” educational publishers that provides customized educational content, software, and services in the world.
We have transitioned from a print-based model to one based on using digital content and technology-enabled learning solutions.
Advantages for students using McGraw-Hill textbooks
- You will have access to the latest available editions, a package of 10 e-textbooks every academic year.
- Professors annually update the e-Book library with replacement titles and newer editions. This provides you with the opportunity to access updated information relevant to the current state of the economy and technology.
- You may share notes, comments and more between you, your classmates and your instructor.
- Free training for faculty and students upon agreement.
- Customized texts can be added to the library, including chapters from various MGH texts and your own notes in any language.
How to access McGrawHill texts for Students
- Click Here for CIT Virtual Library https://cit.vstbridge.com/
- Please insert the email and password created
- How to download your E-textbook(it can be downloaded on 4 devices)
- For further support see here: https://support.vitalsource.com/hc/en-us
- Enter your URL provided by your instructor
- Enter your email address and click Begin
- Create your account; Enter your email, First and Last name and create a password and Click Continue.
- Click Confirm and Go to Connect to be taken to your course.
IMPORTANT NOTE: No McGRAW-HILL textbook can be checked out – all printed titles are to be used at the Library ONLY.
O’Reilly Library Platform
One of the biggest platforms, O’Reilly, an American learning company, is part of our Library for students at CIT. You can now navigate and browse different topics related to trends in business and technology as well as other materials that O’Reilly brings to our Library.
What you should know about O’Reilly
O’Reilly tracks the trends and utilizes knowledge to provide the up-to-date content you need to keep on top of the trends, and emerging technologies that are shaping today’s business and technology.
Exclusive books, videos, and learning experiences from O’Reilly’s editorial team include resources from more than 200 of the world’s most respected publishers, including Pearson, Packt, Wiley, HarperCollins, and others.
Their self-paced learning paths and interactive lessons make it simple for you to build a knowledge base, gain proficiency, and master new abilities in your own free time.
Where you can find it:
O’Reilly Platform is available at the “CIT” Library and Lab 2.
Agreement with the Press Subscription Agency
CIT has an agreement with the “Press Subscription Agency” to provide the most well-known international periodicals in the field of economy and engineering.
The institution regularly receives the latest issues of magazines and periodicals in these fields and enriches the CIT library with them.