CIT FACULTIES & DEPARTMENTS
Master of Science - Business Information Technology
The Master of Science in Business Information Technology program combines the subjects of business management and information technology to influence doing business in the current environment of the digitalization of world business. It incorporates both the liberal and the conservative perspectives, and enables students to gain both theoretical and practical skills, knowledge and competencies, preparing them for the real-world labor market immediately upon the completion of their studies.
The Master of Science study program in BIT refers to a course of study in the field of Information Technology and Management – Administration that has carefully selected content with the following objectives:
- Provides in-depth information, skills, knowledge, and competencies for business management theory and information technology;
- Reinforces and instill in students the concepts of business management and information technology and the methods applied in the fields of economics and information technology;
- Strengthens and deepen in students the models and tools of analysis to face critical spirit issues related to aspects of business management and information technology.
- Demonstrate a broad, critical and practical understanding of contemporary issues and practices in business.
- Create successful business solutions for an innovative and global enterprise.
- Critically analyze problem/opportunity situations and develop global robust information systems artefacts using a range of tools and techniques to add value to the business.
- Develop secure, flexible, information and communication architectures that accommodate the uncertainty of business decision-making and changing needs of the global business.
- Undertake project management initiatives and research concerning information technology applications in diverse business environments.
- Frame judgments and develop information systems solutions that adhere to organizational governance, professional standards, legal and ethical frameworks.
- Apply research principles and methods to design innovative options and solutions for, and make reasoned judgements about, problems and issues in contemporary business practice.
- Interpret and use financial statements to analyze the position, performance and changes in the financial position of an organization.
- Apply marketing metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing activities.
- Business Analyst
- IT Project Manager
- Product Manager
- IT Manager
- Computer security specialist
- Director of Information Systems and Technology
- Computer systems analyst
- Network administrator
- Quality assurance analyst
- User experience engineer
- Web developer
- Database Developer
- Electronic Communications
- Market Specialist
- Electronic Media Market
- Software Developer