CIT FACULTIES & DEPARTMENTS
Master of Science - Computer Engineering & IT / Computer Engineering and Big Data
The Master of Science in ‘Computer Engineering and Information Technology’ with a profile in ‘Network and Cybersecurity’ is a highly industrially relevant and up-to-date program offered by the Canadian Institute of Technology (CIT). It is designed to equip students with the skills and knowledge needed to become future leaders in the fields of cybersecurity, network engineering, and general computer engineering, making them valuable assets in a wide range of industries.
The course is designed by CIT’s academic experts and industry professionals to rigorously prepare students to address the ongoing global shortage of network engineers and cybersecurity specialists. It also equips them with additional skills in database management, programming, and advanced project management. Students embark on this intensive program by studying modules taken from the fields of information engineering, cybersecurity, computer networking, JAVA programming, database design and administration. Industrial practices, including the latest approaches adopted by the industry to design and safeguard enterprise networks, are taught.
The essence of this program lies in understanding how to appreciate the vast flow of information coursing through the Internet and the necessity to protect it. The program addresses this by containing modules on: Cloud Computing for Business, Web Engineering and Advanced Cryptography. Strategically important modules also include: Mobile Computing, wireless communications, interconnection networks for multi-computers, communications security and advanced research methods.
Whichever profession the student finally settles upon, the student must develop a sense and culture of critical thinking and reflection to make the correct, reasonable, cost effective and ethical professional judgement. The program builds these skills through a solid understanding of theoretical methods, principles, tools and an examination of fundamental computer engineering and cybersecurity issues and processes.
To help the student seamlessly step into industry, internship opportunities are offered and built into this graduate program. This enables students to work with real-world problems utilizing emerging technologies and solutions alongside fellow software professionals. Teamwork is highly valued in the industry, and this is encouraged, with a strong emphasis on providing proper attribution and credit to the creators of the work that complete the assignment. Students on this program at CIT are encouraged to form lifelong networks as they are our future industrialists and entrepreneurs.
- Big Data Analysis and Processing: Develop expertise in analyzing and processing large volumes of data efficiently and accurately.
- Data Analytics and Visualization: Gain proficiency in using data analytics techniques and visualizing data to make informed decisions.
- Database Design and Administration: Master the design and administration of both traditional relational databases and NoSQL databases, including web-based sources.
- Java Programming Competence: Attain a high level of competence in Java programming to build robust and efficient software applications.
- Information Extraction from Diverse Data Sources: Acquire skills to extract relevant information from various data sources, ensuring data accuracy and usefulness.
- Critical Thinking and Professional Judgment: Develop a sense of critical thinking and ethical professional judgment when handling big data, considering cost-effectiveness and reasonable decision-making.
- Advanced Project Management: Learn advanced project management techniques to successfully plan, execute, and complete projects in the field of computer engineering and big data.
- Computer Networking Principles: Understand the fundamental principles of computer networking to ensure efficient communication and data transfer.
- Data Mining and Pattern Recognition: Explore advanced data mining techniques and pattern recognition methods to identify meaningful patterns and trends in data.
- Understanding Industrial Practices: Gain insights into the latest industrial approaches for analyzing, programming, and visualizing big data, focusing on real-world applications.
- Reproducible and Scalable Data Analyses: Learn how to enable reproducible and scalable data analyses for engineering, scientific, and medical research projects, considering resource efficiency and project success.
- Big Data Engineer
- Database Manager
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst Professional/Officer
- Web Data Professional
- Web Data Analyst
- External Consultant
- Actuary (Statistician dealing with Risk)
- Operational Researcher
- Information Specialist
- Business Information Systems (BIS)
- Software Developer
- Data Architect
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Database Developer
- Information Professional
- Information Analyst
- Marketing Data Analyst/Professional
- Systems Developer
- Researcher in Fintech
- Management Systems
- Defence and Aerospace
- Healthcare Informatics